Anyone remember when my blog was named According to Tash? You should.. it was only about a year ago that I finally took the plunge and purchased MY domain. Well.. maybe I purchased it a year and a half ago, and still held onto According to Tash. I still wonder if I need to switch back.. I freaking loved that blog name. So while I’ve been sitting here feeling nostalgic, browsing mobile presets that I *don’t* need to purchase, and putting off any actual work I need to get done for the day.. I thought, “Hey! Why not create a blog series called According to Tash?!” Although we all know how I get with series. They start off with the best of intentions..
But that’s besides the point. I figure.. why not create a post every now and then about all the things running through my mind that don’t really have a home.. like.. they’re not nutritionally focused. They’re not a workout or a recipe. I’m not sharing my latest how-to. Instead, it’s just my thoughts. According to me. And if you don’t know me yet, I’m Tash 😉
What’s New with the Funderburks
The boys and I have decided to become Hoarders. At least for the last week and a half while our home has been going through a highly-anticipated renovation. We decided to rip up all the carpet and tile throughout the main floor of our home and replace with hardwood. Only that comes with a LOT of.. work. Mostly dust and dirt that like to fall in LAYERS that take forever to clean. And not only that, but it involves moving every ounce of furniture to one room of the house and living basically in your bedroom for 10 days. All of that with a highly hyperactive 6 month old puppy. It’s safe to say it’s been a learning experience and patience-growing-opportunity for all of us.
And yes.. I do plan on sharing more before/after photos as well as the details on where we found some of our new furniture and decorative pieces! I’m really excited to see the whole thing come together so I’m anxious to get going on that! Stay tuned!
My Current Training Regimen
Still following my lifting program of 5-6 times per week, and slowly adding in more cardio to work on building my endurance back up. I’d like to say that’s also consistently happening 5-6x per week, but really it’s more like 3-5x right now.
Still tracking macros, and will most likely begin reverse dieting in November to focus on a slow build of more muscle gains. Since June, I’m down 16 pounds and 5% body fat. All by sticking to a lifting schedule and consistently tracking macros.
I had toyed with the idea of doing a figure competition this fall, but I don’t think mentally or physically I’ll be quite ready. So..I figure I’ll keep plugging away through winter and maybe revisit that idea in the spring. I’m not married to it, though. So at this point I’m not sure what will happen. The journey is fun, and I’m definitely enjoying it which truly is the most important thing.
What I’m Working On
2020 may be a really terrible year, but professionally I have to say I feel like I’ve found my stride. I’m still working full time for VShred and absolutely love it, and I’m slowly starting to see clients back in a gym setting. I’ve also partnered with Visionary Bootcamp to help host a fall nutrition challenge. It’ll kick off later this month and I can’t wait to connect with more of the members and help them reach some of their nutrition + body composition goals.
I’ve also been working on creating more consistent content for my FB Group, as well as the beginning stages of a gluten-free/dairy-free recipe and meal guide that’ll be available on my website. Don’t hold your breath, though – it’s still in the very early stages so it’ll be a bit before it’s out!
Things I’m Looking Forward to This Month
- I love October mostly because I love fall, and October is my favorite because the weather starts getting cooler, the leaves start changing colors on the trees, and fall-flavored/scented EVERYTHING is officially in season. But also because it’s my favorite person in the whole world’s birthday. Coop will be turning 9 on the 18th, and we had to creative this year in throwing him a covid-approved birthday party. We’re opting for a baseball-team get together (since he’s around those people weekly anyway) and challenging kids vs. parents to a wiffle ball tournament.
- Coop was also invited to play on an All Star team at a baseball tournament, which.. depending on when I get this post finished may or may not have already happened.
- I have a lifestyle/branding photoshoot, potentially two, coming up later this month, and I’m really excited to share the final images with everyone and work with an old favorite and a brand new (to me) photographer. And, any photoshoot obviously calls for a spray tan (it’s about time), and a manicure (also about time). So needless to say, chances are good I’ll look human again for part of this month.
- My partnership with Visionary Bootcamp is kicking off mid October, plus I’m in the works to team up with another friend for a giveaway that includes activewear, plus some free spots to my monthly bootcamp app!
- My friend Kari and I are planning on hitting the road and visiting one of our favorite spots: Trader Joes. I can’t wait to stock up on all the fall goodies, and chances are good I’ll probably make a blog post detailing my haul. Counting down the days until that happens! Fact: I haven’t been to Trader Joes since LAST October when I took my NASM exam! Stopping on the way home was my way of celebrating because this girl knows how to party.
- I’m a new ambassador for Saints Boutique, so October will be my kickoff month and I’m excited to share one of my favorite local businesses that happens to carry some of the cutest clothes and gifts around. (Use code ‘Natasha10’ and save 10% on anything you order online! If you’re local, select “pickup” at checkout so you can swing by and grab your order and avoid shipping costs!)
- And last but not least, my own bootcamp group is hosting our own challenge; Trick or Treat, Move Your Feet! It’s a way to encourage and celebrate movement and exercise, and compete in a healthy way for some fun prizes at the end of the month.
So now it’s your turn! What’s new in your world? What’s something you’re excited about or looking forward to? Don’t be a stranger.. drop a comment 🙂