Anyone else have a sweet tooth that sometimes gets a little out of control? The Funderburks come by it naturally. I’m pretty sure Coop could live on nothing but sugar if we’d let him.
Which is a huge reason why I’m always trying to compromise. It’s no fun giving up sweets entirely, so why not find or make healthier versions every now and then so we can practice balance?
These rice crispy treats are not only easy to make, but they’re so versatile that you can truly make this recipe your own. Plus, they’re delicious. My only complaint (and I can complain because it’s my recipe) is that I often find myself guilty of eating the entire pan. Still working on that “balance” thing.
GLUTEN FREE RICE CRISPY TREATS Recipe
- 5 cups of gf rice crispy cereal
- 3/4 cup organic natural honey
- 3/4 cup all natural nut butter
- A pinch of sea salt
- A dash of vanilla extract
*Optional: because the honey and nut butter combined is so sweet, you don’t really need the dash of vanilla extract.
*Optional ingredients: dried fruit (we love goji berries because they’re a super food that’s super healthy), or cacao nibs for your chocolate fix!
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together until well combined (you can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave, just be sure not to overheat)
- Combine with the rice crispies until mixed thoroughly
- Add in your optional ingredients
- Spread evenly into an 8×11 cooking pan
- Chill in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes
Makes 20 servings
Nutritional info for 1 serving (no optional items):
Calories: 141 carbs: 19g protein: 4g fat: 6.4g
These make the perfect addition to your kiddo’s lunch box for a special treat!