I’ve been making a conscious effort lately to try a couple new things with my diet. 1) I’ve been cutting out starchy carbs (like potatoes and rice) at dinner, saving them for earlier in the day, and 2) I’m dabbling in the art of macro tracking. I’m sure I’ll have more to say about both those things later, but I’m busy so I’ma keep this post short and sweet.
The other night I made a pasta dish for the first time, but instead of using your typical noodle, I used a green bean noodle. That’s right – the noodle was made out of nothing but green beans and water. Sounds delicious, right?
The surprising fact is that it was. Chad loved it – and if it’s Chad approved, then it’s as good as gold.
It was super easy to make (like, literally 15 minutes tops), and it made enough for leftovers. I even liked it reheated the next day – maybe even more so than the first time around, if you can get past eating reheated shrimp (reheated shrimp is always a weird thing, IMO), but honestly really good!Print
Hearty pasta dish without the starchy noodles! Lean, clean, and all the green.
- 1 bag of green bean fettuccini noodles
- 1 pound of shrimp (deveined, tails off)
- 4–5 slices of bacon (I use uncured Whole30 approved)
- 1–2 tbs Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic sauce
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- In a medium sauce pan, bring water to a boil (I didn’t measure the water, just filled it up about halfway)
- Once boiling, add the bag of green bean noodles and cook about 4-5 minutes (follow directions on bag)
- While noodles are cooking, add your bacon to a frying pan and cook until done
- Remove bacon and set aside
- Using the bacon fat, cook shrimp until done
- Add in your pasta noodles, the Tessemae’s sauce, and seasoning
- Simmer on low heat for about five minutes
- Crumble up the bacon on top of each serving
Keywords: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo
Natasha Funderburk is a wife, #boymom, NASM-Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Nutrition Consultant, and ACE-Behavior Change Specialist. When not watching her son play baseball, she can be found on various writing platforms, coaching her clients to live their best lives, drinking all the coffee, and conducting living-room dance parties.