Healthy Chicken Tacos! You can honestly use just about any ingredients that you wish. Change it up and make it fun!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Salsa or pico de gallo (mine were store-bought)
- Low fat shredded cheese (for my son, I stay away from dairy most of the time..unless it’s ice cream)
- Black beans
- Baja corn mix (my local grocer mixes corn, onions, black beans, and peppers together, but you could easily chop your own)
- Shells (Your choice! Coop loves hard shells, and I opt for anything gluten-free!)
- Let your chicken breasts marinate in 1 cup of chicken broth and 1 packet taco seasoning in your slow cooker on low heat for 6-8 hours. (Since I was traveling for work today, it sat closer to 8)
- Pull chicken out and shred with a fork. Return to crock pot mixture and let sit on “keep warm” until you’re ready to eat
- Sauté your corn mix on medium heat until slightly blackened
- Build those tacos!
Two tacos are approx 433 calories, but keep in mind this number will change depending on your shell type and toppings. Guacamole and cheese will add on more calories!