Sweet, gooey, and healthy version of everyone’s favorite treat!
- 5 cups of rice crispy cereal (I always opt for a gluten-free, organic brand)
- 3/4 cup organic natural honey
- 3/4 cup all natural nut butter (no sugars or added oils)
- a pinch of sea salt
- a dash of vanilla extract – optional
(Because the honey and nut butter combined is so sweet, you don’t really need the dash of vanilla extract; use your judgement and your own taste buds to decide!)
- dried fruit (we love goji berries because they’re a super food that’s super healthy)
- cacao nibs for your chocolate fix!
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together until well combined (you can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave, just be sure not to overheat)
- Combine with the rice crispies until mixed thoroughly
- Add in your optional ingredients if you’re using any
- Spread evenly into an 8×11 cooking pan (you may want to grease or put parchment paper down first)
- Chill in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes
- Snack away!
This recipe makes anywhere between 12-20 servings, depending how big you cut those pieces!