Ditch the Take Out Menus, This Inside Out Egg Roll Recipe is Your New Go-To
Bet you never thought you’d say you’re sick of take-out, huh? Eating out can be a fun treat, but when you do it too often, you start to miss a good home cooked meal. Bonus when the meal you’re cooking is quick and easy – like with this inside out egg roll!
Sharing my latest obsession: an inside out egg roll, or, egg roll in a bowl. Basically, it’s a deconstructed egg roll; all the goodness from the middle but without the fried outer shell (which, I get, is kind of the best part. But everything in moderation, right?)
I have two variations of this inside out egg roll recipe: 1) cauliflower rice (listed in the recipe below), and 2) cabbage. I keep everything else the same but switch things up depending on what I have on hand and what I’m in the mood for.
Feel free to change your proteins to fit your preference. I used ground turkey sausage in this one, but I’ve also used ground turkey, ground chicken, ground pork, and ground beef. Honestly, whatever you have on hand will probably work just fine! You can even switch it up and add shrimp, or use it as your main protein base.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound turkey sausage (can also use pork if you’d prefer)
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice
- Coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Optional: instead of cauliflower rice you could use a package of coleslaw
What You’ll Do:
- In a skillet, cook your ground meat until done
- Once done, add your frozen steamer bag of cauliflower rice and let saute together on medium heat until soft
- Crack two eggs or cook them in a separate pan and add to the mix once done
- Drizzle with coconut aminos, salt and pepper to your liking, and stir well
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional info per 1 serving:
Calories: 257 carbs: 6.5g protein: 20g fat: 15.5g
Ready to make a change? I’d love to help you figure out your macros!