Did someone say strawberry banana protein smoothie? Sign me up for one of those!
One of my favorite breakfasts to have in the morning, especially following a workout, is a smoothie. The options are always endless (like this acai bowl version), plus they’re refreshing and jam packed full of protein to help refuel and repair those muscles.
Even though it’s officially fall, and we’re all going crazy over Pumpkin-Spice-Everything; I like to be a bit of a rebel. I know I recently shared my favorite Pumpkin Spice Protein Coffee with you, so I thought it was time to steer away from the seasonal-craze and give you guys a recipe that you can enjoy all year long!
This strawberry banana protein smoothie is a healthier version of a banana split. One of my favorites, and it’s always my go-to when I can’t figure out what else to have! When I’m trying to “be good” and stay away from the high fat, high calorie, (not to mention high-dairy) original version, I whip up this little healthy variation and my sweet tooth craving is satisfied!
Banana Split Protein Smoothie
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Services LLC Associates, RewardStyle affiliate, and brand partner, I may earn a small commission for any purchases made through affiliate links. You can read my full disclaimer and disclosure statement here.
- 8 ounces unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (If you can have whey, Sculpt Nation is amazing)
- 1/2 banana (I like to use frozen bananas)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/4-1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- Add all ingredients to your blender
- Add ice (as much as you prefer to get your desired consistency. If your banana is frozen, you’ll need less ice)
- Blend together (want a nice blender without spending a fortune? This Ninja blender on Amazon is a steal!)
Don’t forget to post and tag a pic of your smoothie on Instagram and tag me @tashfunderburk!
Some of my other favorite breakfasts include:
- Sweet potato + egg breakfast protein muffins
- Macro friendly breakfast for high carb day
- Protein cereal