Pasta is such a difficult meal to enjoy when you don’t eat gluten. Finding the right kind of noodles that have both amazing flavor and texture is sometimes easier said than done.
But during a recent Target run, I decided to pick up a box of Banza Noodles and give them a try. They’re noodles made out of chick peas, so hey.. why not?
I was pleasantly surprised with my first meal, and actually kind of obsessed with the meal itself. It literally only took minutes to make, and gave me leftovers for another 3 meals. (Keep in mind, for the chicken, I had already cooked/prepped it in advance, so that did help save time!)Print
Delicious, healthy pasta recipe that you can enjoy without the guilt!
- 1 package of Banza Noodles (I used Cavatappi)
- Leftover cooked chicken thighs (I used about 2.5 oz per serving, this recipe makes 4 servings total)
- 1 package frozen broccoli (you could also use fresh)
- Garlic Salt, and Pepper to taste
- Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of olive oi
- Sautee broccoli over low-medium heat with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- In a separate pan, cook pasta until done, drain
- Combine pasta and broccoli and cook together on low heat – about five minutes, adding a little more olive oil
- Add in your cooked chicken and stir together
- Serve and enjoy!
My favorite way to make chicken thighs is to clean them off, throw them in the air fryer with some garlic salt and pepper, on 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes (I’m a nut about cooking meat so I usually check the temp every few minutes during those last five). Don’t forget to flip halfway through!
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 405
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Protein: 28g
Keywords: Pasta, Gluten-Free
Disclaimer: I may have used some affiliate links in this post, which means if you click on any of my affiliate links and make a purchase, I may get a commission straight from the retailer at no additional cost or price to you. All of the opinions in this blog are always mine, and I would never recommend something I didn’t like!
Natasha Funderburk is a wife, #boymom, NASM-Certified Personal Trainer, Certified Nutrition Consultant, and ACE-Behavior Change Specialist. When not watching her son play baseball, she can be found on various writing platforms, coaching her clients to live their best lives, drinking all the coffee, and conducting living-room dance parties.