Truth be told I sat here for about seven full minutes trying to come up with a tantalizing name for my favorite meal and current obsession.. and Pulled Pork Slaw was as good as it gets, people. You can’t win ’em all. (shrugs). The name might not be amazing, but I promise you the meal is.
Gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 compliant, this meal literally has it all. (Although, technically, to meet the requirements for those groups of meals, it has to exclude a bunch of things so I guess it really doesn’t have it all). Man I’m on a roll tonight.
I literally throw the pork in a crockpot on Sunday mornings and let it cook all day, and then it serves the bulk of our meals for the next few days. Once the meat has been cooked, this meal is super easy to throw together in almost no time at all.
- Pork Shoulder (bone in)
- 1 bag of coleslaw mix
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic salt/seasoning to taste
- 1 tbsp Tessemae’s BBQ Sauce
*You can save on calories and fat grams if you opt for cooking spray instead of olive oil
- For the pulled pork: In the morning, throw your pork shoulders into a slow cooker with about 1/2 cup water and some garlic powder. Cook on low heat for 9-10 hours.Once the pork is cooked, remove the bones and discard. With two forks, shred the pork.
- For the meal: Chop potatoes and drizzle with olive coil, cook in airfryer at 380 degrees for 25 mins.
- Cook coleslaw in pan with olive oil and seasoning on medium heat until soft.
- Portion off your servings. I like to layer mine with the cole slaw on the bottom of my bowl, pulled pork on top, and sweet potato next.
- Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
Meal portion makes 2 servings. But you can make the protein in bulk.
Nutritional info (1/2 meal + 4 oz pork):
Calories: 342 carbs: 25.2g protein: 23g fat: 13.9g